LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Gone are the days where classroom teaching was all about chalk and talk. With the advent of e-learning, the process of learning has transformed itself aided by immaculate advancements in technology making learning available to all online. One such software application, making itself known in the educational realm is the Learning Management System or LMS.
The 3W’s of LMS - The What, The Why and The Who
WHAT IS LMS?
- This is an established software application that can be employed in various sectors like documentation, administration, tracking and reporting, e-learning and training programs.
- For the educational scenario, this software provides a wide platform for both the faculty as well as the students to access lectures, reports, acquire lecture notes from learned faculty in a particular discipline.
- It enriches the management systems on campus with connectivity due to functionalities like offline/online assignment submission, online attendance system, the online grading system, course management, to name a few.
- LMS features a variety of components, each unique in their own way with features designed to cater to the needs and demands of educators and trainers alike.
- This is a password protected learning scenario.
WHY USE LMS?
- It is a smooth and effective software application.
- Enables manageability of complex databases used for managing curriculum, training packages and evaluation tools.
- To improve visibility in terms of course delivery and lecture notes, LMS allows an institution to develop electronic coursework which can be delivered with a huge component of outreach and flexibility. In addition, the tracking component enables effective management and distribution of learning material developed.
- LMS is an established tool that extends its prowess into programs pertaining to continuing education of a workforce.
- LMS assists the educational institutions in equipping the traditional classroom scenario to cater to the market demands.
- The digital roll call is the need of the hour replacing the manual attendance entries. This is made possible by using a suitable component of LMS.
- Eases educational, institutional procedures like registration, documentation, uploading of course content, delivery of this course material to desktops and tablets.
- The LMS is equipped with authoring tools that enable teachers to design their very own course content that stands unique.
- Opens up the classroom to access the classes of teachers and experts from beyond our country’s borders and encouraging students to participate in technical discussion forums.
- Regulated display, of course plan, schedules, deadlines for tests and assignments.
- Online comprehensive examinations for postgraduate and doctoral programs.
- LMS providers also cater to processes like appraisals of employees, skill gap analysis, competency tests, certification management.
- Provides an avenue to counter and adapt to the novel challenges thrown at us.
- Enables use of the “Cloud” to store and manage process data.
- The most significant feature of Learning Management Systems is its ability to integrate with the already existing applications in place on campus.
- Of late, the LMS has a mobile theme that displays LMS access via a mobile device. However, this route is not to be used for submissions. It is just an alert application.
WHO DO YOU LOOK TO FOR LMS SERVICES?
Skillwise Campus In offers the LMS services to all universities and colleges by way of suggesting and supplying appropriate LMS services to satisfy the demands placed. The LMS functionalities available would include Course content delivery, training and placement record management, employee appraisal system management, etc. Application of the various functionalities available would result in upgrading learning technology and hence elevating the standard of the academia. Skillwise promises appropriate LMS, easily adaptable on campus and most importantly, ensures reliability.